Over fifteen years experience as a writer and editor including online, copy, magazines, newspapers, film, non-fiction and fiction. Awarded grants and awards for fiction and screenplays. Offered repeat work from every client I’ve been hired by. Work under several different pen names and most recently as a ghost.
- quoted by Google and ranked in top two for highly competitive search term “Why Can’t I Fall in Love”
- ranked in top four for search term “Fear of Intimacy”
- listed under Google Scholar for a ‘Guide to Depression’ re-hauled for a client
- grew a client’s blog from attracting several hundred monthly visitors to 100,000+ in a timeline of two years
- shortlisted for the Bridport prize for short fiction
- chosen to take part in the prestigious Faber academy novel-writing program.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Faber Academy Novel Writing Course, London, UK
Professional Screenwriting Postgraduate, Norman Jewison’s Canadian Film Centre, Canada
B.A. Hons., Creative Writing, York University, Canada
Certificate in Copywriting, Blackford Centre for Copywriting, UK
Magazine Copyediting Certificate, Ryerson University of Continuing Education, Canada
Humber School for Writers, Canada, Novel Writing Mentorship Program.
- Screenwriting Grant Screen West Midlands
- Film Production Grant Canada Council for the Arts
- Film Production Grant The National Film Board of Canada (NFB)
- Shortlist for Fiction The Bridport Prize
- Scholarship Winner Humber School for Writers, Novel Writing
- Literary Grant Toronto Arts Council
- CBC/ WIFT Emerging Screenwriter Canadian Crystal Awards
- Winning Script Praxis Screenwriting Competition
- Silver, Short Drama Houston Film Festival
- Best Short Script Canadian Int’l Short Film Fest
JOURNALISM AND COPY:
I have written over 700 psychology articles in the last few years, often as a ghost. Recent clients include Life Clubs UK and Harley Therapy. Otherwise, clients over the years include Daily Mail, Psychologies, Top Santé, Natural Health, Spirit & Destiny, Now Magazine, etc.
I have also ghostwritten non-fiction books and e-books in the self-development vein.
- “My Name is Hannah” Room Magazine, Canada
- “Sharks” Dig a Literary Journal, Canada
- “Serving Time” Zygote Magazine, Canada
- “Flying” BAD Magazine, England/France
- “Wasp” Room of One’s Own, Canada
FUNDED AND DEVELOPED FEATURE SCRIPTS:
“Oma Does Roma”/ dramedy/ January Films Canada and Neu Film Germany/ 2010/ *funded by Telefilm Canada (the national film board) and the Harold Greenberg Fund (top funding board for films in Canada), *shot in May 2011 in Germany/ German language
The City Man”/ historical novel adaptation/ January Films Canada/ 2010
*chosen for development by Telefilm Canada and the Harold Greenberg Fund
“Hairem”/ dramedy/ Ruba Nadda Films Canada/ 2005
*chosen for development by Telefilm and the Harold Greenberg Fund
“Wayward Girl”/ drama/ Praxis Canada/ winner of Praxis Script Competition/ 2003
“Eva Turns Blue”/ coming of age drama/ The Feature Film Project Canada/ 2001
*green lit for production but cancelled due to effects of Sept 11 on Canadian industry.